A Whirlwind of a Semester

November 23rd, 2011 armare12

It can’t already be November 22—right?

Firstly, I have to apologize for not blogging in SO long. I honestly can’t begin to describe how quickly this semester has gone. And, I’ve been kept busy juggling three seminars, my thesis, working in the Writer’s Workshop, serving in campus ministry, volunteering at Vernon Hill elementary school, looking into teaching programs for next year and, most importantly, spending time and catching up with my second family, my fellow Crusaders. And though it’s been going far too quickly, each part of the year has been wonderful. And each day, as I transition back from life in Ireland, I find myself loving Holy Cross more and more.

To give a few brief sentences of what’s been going on so far: I live in Williams Hall, the “older” senior apartment complex on campus where my three wonderful roommates and I share a kitchen, bathroom, and living room. The first chapter of my thesis, which is on motherhood in Irish female autobiography, is finally starting to come together; and I absolutely love working with my adviser! I’ve been working in Kindergarten and Pre-K classrooms at Vernon Hill, where I’ve been given enough construction paper projects to fill one wall in my room; going there twice weekly has constantly affirmed by desire to teach in an elementary school next year. Currently, I’m looking into Nativity Schools and the NY City Teaching Fellows Program, while keeping my eye out for other programs that would be a good fit.

Right now, I sit at home on Thanksgiving Break, watching “Chopped” (I’m a little obsessed with the Food Network) and looking up recipes for Thanksgiving desserts (okay, maybe just with food in general…). And, I am just so grateful for the constant love and support of my family and friends, health, joy, and the process of discernment. I wish everyone a most Happy Thanksgiving with lots of love, laughter, and whatever pie of your choice! 🙂