Happy New Year!

January 4th, 2012 armare12

As I thought about my New Year’s resolutions for this year, I couldn’t help but think of them in light of the impending G-word (now that it’s 2012, I think it is fully acceptable to avoid using the word “graduation” until completely necessary). I’m beginning this final semester at Holy Cross by spending five days in silence; about fifty Holy Cross students—many of whom are seniors—will be participating in this session of the Spiritual Exercises, a five day retreat adopted from the Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. These days in silence are intended to encourage prayer and reflection, provide a pause from the busy lifestyle of a Holy Cross student. And, this pause couldn’t be coming at a more appropriate time.

As I’m spending part of this break applying to jobs, and writing the introduction and researching for the second chapter of my thesis, I’m already starting to feel the busy-ness of second semester creeping up on me. I know that these five days of silence will encourage me to start this final semester at Holy Cross off right: by valuing each and every moment, and not allowing stress or anxiety to in any way dampen my appreciation. I intend to keep this at the forefront of my mind during this year of crucial changes, to be ready and willing to accept these changes and the ways in which new opportunities and people will shape my life.

A big thank you to all who made 2011 such a wonderful, exciting year! Here’s to an equally wonderful 2012!

One Response to “Happy New Year!”

1. Get Money With Scholarships for Minorities…

[…]right here are several hyper-links to web-sites we connect to seeing as we believe they are truly worth checking out[…]…